Friday 2 September 2011

Fashion Designs

Vintage/Victorian Design
 I think this dress is quite vintage fashion. It reminds me of victorian dresses because it's quite extravagant. The simple colour leaves all the attention to the shape of the dress which was what i intended. I thought that rather than stealing the show with some fussy print or detail, maybe i should let the shape and style take all the attention. That's why i added the extra layer of material at the bottom, to create a more shapely appearance, the change in fabric contrasts well also. The buttons help create the vintage style and the bow just adds a touch of femininity to the dress. I added the gloves to yet again enhance the vintage feel of the dress.




Open chest & split leg Design
I really like this design actually. I intended for the sleeves to be a different fabric than the rest of the dress, as i wanted them to be opaque. The whole gathered layers i think adds subtle extra detail to the dress, it makes it more interesting and where i positioned this is so that it will draw the eye to the chest (which is a very open part of the dress) and the thigh (again, open). I think this work really well, drawing attention to the biggest features of the dress without being too fussy. I wanted a lemon/lime colour because i thought it was fresh, and a colour that is underused. Also with block colouring coming back into fashion i figured that some bright heels would look great. I chose a bright aubergine/violet pair, because i though in patent they would look stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment